This snorkel, mask combo is literally the coolest design! I have enjoyed using it and so has my family.
After I bought one to bring on a vacation, the kids and wife wanted one too, and now the kids use them every time we go to the pool, just because they’re so unique and fun to use! I’ve had several other traditional snorkels and masks over the past 20 years. They’ve all been okay, some have lasted a long time, but none of them have had such an ingenious design.
That’s really what this company has done. They have revolutionized the snorkel and mask to be a 2-in-1 solution that also allows you to breathe easier, and see more! Not to mention that it is a really comfortable design that comes in an array of great color choices.
Since I’ve been through my own selection of masks and snorkels over the years, I thought it would be helpful to provide some more information on the product in this review, as well as some alternatives. Below you will find a list of features, pros and cons, and a few other models I’ve owned in the past, or that are comparable to the SeaView.
- Full face design
- Easy on and off strap
- Integrated snorkel and mask
- Dry snorkel technology
- Anti-fog design
- No mouth tube design
- 180 degree view: This really is the defining feature of this particular mask. And it’s truly amazing. Unlike older mask models where you can pretty much only see in a straight line in front of you, this mask doesn’t restrict your view as much
- Comfortable: The easy on and off strap has made this mask super comfortable to wear, especially for long periods of time. The face of the mask is also extremely comfortable. The kids never complain, and I find that it never pinches my face like traditional masks have done in the past.
- Integrated Design: Another defining feature of the Sea View mask. This 2-in-1 model is fantastic because you never have to worry about your snorkel flopping around, or losing one of the items during storage or travel. The integrated design also makes the mask intuitive to use, so there is literally zero learning curve. It should also be noted that being able to breathe through your nose and not have a plastic mouthpiece in your mouth for long periods of time is amazing.
- Anti-fog design: This pro is really self explanatory, and so necessary for masks today.
- Dry snorkel guard: This little plastic guard and the filtering design make sure that you never get water in the mask which is essential for long snorkels.
- Can be leaky, but only if you do this: With a full face design, it is important to note that there is a wider area that needs to be sealed around your face. This increases the number of spots that water can leak into if you, say, move your mouth in a funny way, or try to scratch your face while wearing the mask. This risk is slightly lower in mask-only designs, and is really a mild con for the quality of the mask.
As you can see, this mask has very little downside. When it comes to accidental leakage, it’s usually based on user error, so at the end of the day, you can’t really blame the mask. As far as the pro’s go, this mask/snorkel combo satisfies everything you would want and more.
I have loved using this mask because it really works! I’ve never had water drip down through the snorkels, the lens has never fogged up on me, and best of all I can breathe comfortably through my nose. I can wear this mask for an hour at a time without ever needing to take it off and take a break. Which has been fantastic.
Cressi Scuba Mask and Snorkel
This was the last mask and snorkel combo that I had before trying the Sea View. It served me well for many years, but just like traditional masks, did not have that wide angle view like the Sea View combo. It’s good quality and a good alternative if you want a separate snorkel and mask.
Rising Goods Mask and Snorkel
This was actually the mask and snorkel that my wife had before I bought her a Sea View. I was always jealous of hers, and would sometimes steal it from her to use it on vacations, because the field of view was wider than my old mask. With the Sea View, we have not had to worry about that though!
As aforementioned, there really isn’t anything out on the market that functions like the Sea View combo. It is unparalleled in its market, and should really be considered the new standard for snorkel masks. If you’re looking for a more comfortable, usable alternative to your current mask, or you are a first time buyer, this should be the first product on your list for consideration. I would 100% recommend this to anyone of any age. If you have kids, make sure you buy one for them too, because they will want to steal yours!