The Tribord Easybreath Snorkeling Mask is an innovative piece of snorkeling equipment that allows for comfortable breathing underwater much the same way one does on land.
The Easybreath is the first full-face snorkeling mask of its kind that allows you to breathe normally, through the nose and mouth, while underwater.
180° field of vision
Despite its coverage in fully wrapping your face, the Easybreath mask provides an unobstructed and great field of view with peripheral vision unobstructed unlike most traditional masks.
This is very useful and convenient for individuals who like to take pictures underwater since they won’t have any trouble clearly seeing their camera and subjects.
Breathing in and Breathing out
A major advantage of using the Easybreath full-face mask is that you can breathe naturally inside the mask since it enables the user to breathe through the nose and mouth.
Instead of biting down on a chunky mouthpiece, snorkelers only fit the mask over their heads and they are good to go.
Even though you breathe through the nose and mouth, no moist or fogging issues will ruin your underwater view because the mask is designed to remove the moist air you exhale since it is fitted with the same double airflow system used in domestic extraction fans.
The double airflow system allows the wearer to breathe in oxygen through the opening on top of the tube as well as allowing them to breathe out air from a different part of the tube.
The snorkel works like a dry-top snorkel in which there is a mechanism to stop water from entering the tube as it seals off the top of the snorkel once it becomes immersed in water.
The design is unique because the snorkel is attached to the top of the mask. It is standard in length and made to be highly visible with the brightly colored top to avoid collision with other swimmers or nearby boats.
The Easybreath snorkeling mask is made of a silicone skirt and polypropylene rim.
The mask has wide straps that can be easily adjusted to form a watertight seal with the pressure spread evenly around the head to keep an even seal and avoid leaks.
This type of mask design is particularly convenient for individuals with a good amount of facial hair since it wraps around the head.
- Allows natural breathing through the nose and mouth.
- Because of the double airflow system, exhaled air is removed quickly to avoid moisture from collecting and fogging up the lens.
- The full mask will keep your face dry the whole time you’re immersed in the water snorkeling.
- The 180° wide field of vision including peripheral vision offers the user a more panoramic viewing pleasure underwater.
- Also convenient for individuals with facial hair.
- Comfortable to wear since the mouth or lips won’t get fatigued from biting into the conventional snorkel mouthpiece.
- According to some who reviewed this product, since the mask covers the whole face with air, more like a sealed bubble, wearing it will make you more buoyant, thus it’s not for those who like to free dive into the water occasionally.
- The mask is rather large and bulky in size.
|Product||Tribord Easybreath Snorkeling Mask||Seavenger Diving Snorkel Set- Dry Top Snorkel / Trek Fin / 2-windows Tempered Glass Mask / Gear bag- Blue/Red/Yellow/Black/BS||U.S. Divers Diva 1 Lx / Island Dry Lx/ Trek / Travel Bag|
|Price||$67.90 – $138.90||$32.99-42.99||$39.45 – $343.98|
|Features||– 180° field of view with peripheral vision included
– includes double-air system that allows natural breathing through nose and mouth
– zero leakage
– zero fogging
– dry-top snorkel built into the mask with brightly-colored top for greater visibility
|– dual-lens mask with tempered glass lens
– dry-top snorkel with one-way purge valve and full flex section
– silicone mouthpiece
– includes snorkel holder
– includes mesh-plastic drawstring storage bag
– trek fins with adjustable straps and swivel buckles
|– single lens mask made of tempered glass
– low profile single lens design with feminine features
– hypoallergenic silicone face skirt
– Snorkel with Pivot Dry Technology and full flex section with purge valve
– Trek fins with dual-composite fin blade for speed and power, with soft and comfortable foot pocket and adjustable strap
Overall Best: Seavenger Diving Snorkel Set- Dry Top Snorkel / Trek Fin / 2-windows Tempered Glass Mask / Gear bag- Blue/Red/Yellow/Black/BS
This set is more affordable than the one from US Divers, but with almost the same features. So, if you are on a budget or just starting out in snorkeling, you may want to try this one.
The Tribord Easybreath Snorkel is a great mask to wear especially if you’re real concern is the view underwater. It provides a wide field of visional including peripherals.
However, if you’re more into free diving and learning how to snorkel the traditional way, the Easybreath may not be for you since it’s designed mainly for comfort and viewing pleasure as well as surface swimming only.